If you are over 50, you need to read this! – HOW to look after your body to reduce stress.
If You are Over 50, You need to Read This.
We’d all like to reduce Stress in our lives but Steering through the changes that middle life presents causes Stress – No Joke!
Positive Stress keeps us on our toes, alerting us into action. However, Stress becomes negative when we are constantly bombarded with challenges without the space to recover. Anxiety builds up in the body, causing a variety of physical problems. Some of these physical problems include- headaches, upset stomach, high blood pressure, leg pain, chest pain, sleep, and eating problems.
For women over 50, the effects of chronic Stress are intensified. Your body isn’t as resilient as it once was due to the dramatic hormone changes after menopause. So, your precious body needs more TLC like a healthier lifestyle — to repair itself. Tell me what you Think- but is it time to reduce your Stress?
No Secrets Here!
The keys to less Stress and more splendid happiness are not a secret. They are never more money or material objects that can reduce Stress. Reducing your stress levels is down to your choices. This is a BIG subject, and I will deal with it in another Blog Post. However, today- I mean right NOW – you can take positive action to ensure your good health, good relationships, and a good dose of optimism.
How to Reduce Stress Today
- Exercise a little every day because it reduces Stress, improves your mood, and boosts overall physical and mental health. I have found that it also helps you sleep better.
- Build a support system. For some people, becoming part of a faith community helps reduce Stress – I know this does for me. However, for others, it may be joining a gym club or a MeetUp Group. The important thing is, wherever you find healthy, solid friendships will help you feel love, reassurance, and connection.
- Keep a positive attitude. Look for silver linings and good news. Practice gratitude Every day (more about this in another post).
- Let go of the negatives. Go On- just accept that there are things you cannot control – remember the serenity prayer?
- Stop being aggressive. Instead of becoming angry, defensive, or the opposite passive – share your feelings, opinions, or beliefs kindly and peacefully.
- Find ways to relax. Learn to meditate, which is proven to work. Try a relaxation app. Listen to great music or read a good book.
- Develop new interests. Having a sense of adventure can help you reduce Stress. Tune in to your dreams. Rekindle things you are passionate about. Take up a hobby. I have many of them. Find the creative within you!
- Don’t short-change your bodily needs. Get enough rest and sleep. When you’re under stress, your body needs time to recover. Give it the rest it needs.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals. Your body needs good nutrition to fight the effects of Stress. Also, don’t rely on alcohol, sugar, or carbs to quiet your anxiety.
- Volunteer. Take the focus off yourself and put it onto others. Research shows that when you commit yourself to help others, you find meaning and purpose and achieve a feeling of achievement.
If you are Interest in How to Heal and Reduce Stress in your life, take my new Course over on Udemy.
My NEW Course is going Live on Udemy on July 30th, 2021. Beginners Mindfulness MasterClass for Stress Relief.
The Mindfulness Stress Relief Master Class is designed for newbies to Mindfulness, or anyone interested in learning self-awareness and improving well-being and personal growth. It will teach you How Mindfulness is used when you are feeling stressed. This course is suitable if you want to learn how to relieve your Stress in a simple, practical, and fun way.
Hello! my name is Paula Rose Parish MA. my main focus is teaching Mindfulness and also advocates Holistic Living for the well-being of Mind, Body and Spirit. I love the great outdoors, crafting, my dogs, and writing, and family.
If you feel stressed or are a hyper-focused, motivated achiever, then I know you can successfully apply yourself to create a better balance in your life with Mindfulness. At times, life sucks and isn’t fair or kind. However, there is hope on the horizon. Mindfulness is a beautiful tool to help you to succeed on your journey. However, to live mindfully, you must develop what I call- Well-Habits.
The key learning points include:
· Origins of Mindfulness and why it works as it does.
· Understanding what harmful Stress is and how to self-regulate it to find relief.
· Learning the triggers to stress to be better able to respond to challenging situations rather than react.
· Recognising patterns of worrying or self-criticism that often generate more Stress.
· Developing practical self-care tools to help you thrive, perform at your best, and build resilience.
· PDF will cover the theory of each session and provide details of the home practice.
· PowerPoint slides to guide you through the Course.
· Video lectures
· End of module quizzes
· 12-month Free Membership Access to my new Blog moonrosemindfulness.com for continual learning.
😀So many people want their faith and church to grow. The problem is to figure out where to begin. This site is about helping people do just that. It’s for anyone who feel stuck in their faith and long for a breakthrough. It’s for people who are exploring Christianity and want to know what it’s all about – apart from what they see in the media. If that’s you – please consider subscribing.💕
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL, its free!.
Paula is an Wellness Coach Ordained Minister, Blogger, Podcaster, Course Creator, Published Author and has a Master of Arts in Counselling and many other qualifications and a lifetime so, I have heaps to share with you.
Paula is a life member of (ISFP) The International Society of Female Professionals
👛SHOP WITH ME
FOOD for your Soul- www.paularoseparish.com
FOR All things WELLNESS http://health-well-being.uk
👱♀️ CHAT WITH ME
📸 Instagram: paularoseparish2020.
MY VIDEOS on YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvdQ4NPTNfXSnwd3pimPh0g
Listen to PAULA’S BLOG PODCASTS on Spotify
Send me Mail